|Time Difference from India||Bangladesh is 30 minutes ahead of India|
|Travel time from Delhi to Dhaka, Bangladesh||2 hours 30 minutes direct flight|
|MBBS in Bangladesh Tuition Fees||INR 28 Lakh – INR 45 Lakh(for the entire duration)|
|Type of colleges||Government & Private|
|Duration of MBBS||5 + 1 years|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
Glance at Bangladesh
Bangladesh also referred to as the People’s Republic of Bangladesh is South Asia’s greenest jewel. Being India’s & Myanmar’s neighboring country; Bangladesh has a very friendly attitude towards the respective nationals of both countries, especially for the Indian nationals. Independence was declared in 1971 from Pakistan and it has become a developing nation with the government continuously working to revamp the economic and social conditions of the population. It plays a significant role in regional cooperation projects. Dhaka is the capital of Bangladesh and Islam is the main religion observed in the region, as it is the world’s third-largest Muslim-majority country. Bangladesh also features among the best tourist places as it has a rich cultural history, which is clearly visible in the sculptures and scriptures of their historical monuments. It has beautiful resorts, beaches, scenic locations, dense forests, wildlife of various species and much more to see.
The country’s education system is divided into five levels (primary, junior secondary, secondary, senior-secondary, & tertiary) and heavily subsidized by the Government of Bangladesh. Nowadays, MBBS in Bangladesh or Medicine in Bangladesh has become a very enticing option for international students, especially Indian aspirants.
Merits of MBBS in Bangladesh – A Distinct Option For Indian Students
Study your MBBS in Bangladesh- a country known for its highest FMGE or MCI Screening Test passing percentage. For MBBS, Bangladesh can be one of the distinctive options for Indian students as it ensures your career security. MBBS in Bangladesh and MBBS in India, have many similarities between them-
- Identical curriculum
- Books of the same authors
- A similar pattern of study
- The same theme of the examinations
- Similar duration of MBBS
- Similar study of different ailments in a human body
There are many more advantages of studying MBBS from Bangladesh, as follows-
- Degrees are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and enlisted with the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), which allows the Indian students to appear for MCI Screening Test on their return to India after degree completion.
- Bangladesh offers the Best Quality of Education.
- The educational methods and syllabus are quite identical to that of the Indian Medical curriculum.
- The cost of studying & living in Bangladesh is made affordable for Indian students and their parents. It is a lot less than the cost charged at the private colleges in India with almost the same facilities.
- Students do not need to appear for any additional exam to prove English language proficiency like IELTS/TOEFL.
- English is used as the medium of instruction in the classrooms.
- Students will get the homely ambiance within the campus or around the campus of University. Bangladesh is quite safe & secured for international students, especially for the girls. Separate boys & girls hostels are allocated to students.
- Indian food is also available which makes it a preferred destination among the Indian students.
- The climatic conditions and culture in Bangladesh are the same as those of India.
- As India students, who are coming from diverse backgrounds of India like Gujarat, Jammu, West Bengal, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, do not face any language barrier issues while communicating with the local people as English, Bengali, Urdu, Arabic are spoken in the region. You will have the freedom to communicate in any language you want.
- Earlier in Bangladesh, women education was not that much supported by its local people, but now as an initiative for the women empowerment, Government of Bangladesh has set up a bunch of Medical colleges only for women, in order to change this tradition and encourage many more women around the world to pursue Medicine from Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh has created a tradition of acquiring the highest pass percentage in MCI Screening Test, which makes it a preferred location for Indian students.
- Top Medical Universities in Bangladesh provide great practical exposure to the students in pursuing internships at their affiliated or associated Hospitals which are well-known in the region.
- Also, the traveling cost from Bangladesh to India and vice-versa is quite low as compared to other countries.
Drawbacks of pursuing MBBS from Bangladesh
The flipside of everything is also important. Have a look on some drawbacks of pursuing MBBS from Bangladesh-
- Students who want to approach the ‘No Tuition Fees’ scheme under the SAARC nomination in Bangladesh, have to score 95% in XII
- In Bangladesh, your chosen University must be approved by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Dhaka and the Medical & Dental Council of Bangladesh, Dhaka, apart from the recognition by the Medical Council of India.
- Be careful with the chances of ‘Observership’, in which student may not be allowed to touch the patients, they just need to observe and interact with them. For a positive outlook, students can also make case studies in their observership for their future reference.
Top Medical Universities in Bangladesh
We have some handpicked options for you, to study MBBS in Bangladesh –
- Anwer Khan Modern Medical College, Dhaka University
- M H Samorita Medical College, Dhaka University
- Uttara Women’s Medical College, Dhaka University
- Universal Medical College, Dhaka University
- Dr. Sirajullslam Medical College, Dhaka University
- Shahabuddin Medical College, Dhaka University
- North Bengal Medical College, Dhaka University
- Central Medical College, C.U.
- Kumudni Women’s Medical College Mirzapur, D.U.
- Jahurul Islam Medical College Kisherganj, D.U.
Eligibility, Admission process and Fees structure in Bangladesh
Before choosing Bangladesh as your medical education destination, let’s get aware of all the factors required to take admission in Bangladesh Medical Universities-
Criteria reserved for Indian students to take admission in MBBS at any of the Top Medical Universities in Bangladesh, stated as follows-
- The Required Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent has to be 7.00 (seven)
- The Minimum Required GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent should be 3.5
- One must have a Minimum GP of 3.5 in biology
- Qualifying Grade in each subject individually is “C”. Therefore, GPA in ‘A’ level = (total marks obtained in three subjects) ÷ 3
- The student must have qualified for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). It is mandatory from 2019 onwards.
- No additional entrance test or examination is required.
The team of My MBBS College makes your admission procedure – easiest, simplest and hassle-free in Bangladesh.
Just follow the steps suggested by us and you will be enrolled with the University in just a few days-
Step 1- Fill the Application Form
Step 2- Submit your academic documents like X & XII mark sheets and admit cards (educational certificates), NEET scorecard and passport size photographs.
Step 3- Passport: Students usually think that if they do not have a passport, then the registration process is not possible for them. This is not true, you can still register yourself even if you do not have a passport. It is not mandatory. Also, at the time of registration to the University, you can apply for your passport at- https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
Step 4- Then, the students will receive their Admission Letter from their chosen University.
Step 5- Students will have to apply for ‘Visa Invitation letter’ then for which, you require the following:
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- HIV Report
- Passport size photographs with white background
- Bank Statements of the last 6 months (can be of Father/Mother with a minimum transaction of 1 lakhs )
Step 6- Visa stamping is your last step for your admission process. We at My MBBS College gets stamped your Visa from the Bangladesh High Commission, New Delhi.
Completing the all above steps, just pack your bags and get ready to fly towards your medical dream destination- Bangladesh!
Career Prospects after studying MBBS from Bangladesh
What are the future prospects for Indian students having an MBBS degree from Bangladesh?? Get your answer here:
Practice in Bangladesh – Getting settled in Bangladesh is also a good option. After completing MBBS in Bangladesh, you can practice there or choose to pursue post-graduation. Many candidates choose this option as a career path.
Return to India for practice- After completion of your MBBS studies, if the students want to practice their medical career in India, then they have to qualify for the FMGE MCI screening test, which mandatory for all and also one of the most critical exams of your medical career.
To practice anywhere in the world, students have to qualify for the licensing exams of that particular country, just like in India; it is compulsory that graduates have to clear the screening test. This test is conducted to test your skills & capabilities as a future doctor. It is conducted two times a year (December & July), so students have the option to clear this exam in two attempts. It has no age limit, no rankings, no demand for National ranks. The exam is of 300 marks and 50% marks (150) are required to pass the test.
Pursue MD in the USA or Germany after MBBS in Bangladesh- The major benefit of completing MD/MS in the USA or Germany is that students do not need to appear for MCI Screening Test before or after MBBS in Bangladesh/Abroad. Upon your degree completion in Bangladesh, you can pursue the Postgraduate level (MD/MS) from USA/Germany without clearing the MCI test. The degree offered from the USA or Germany would be valid in India as well as the USA/Germany. Also, all the students are given a monthly stipend of approx. USD 4,200 while pursuing Medicine in America.
Option to apply for USMLE after studying MBBS in Bangladesh
What is USMLE?
The abbreviation USMLE stands for the United States Medical Licensing Examination.
It is not just another test- it is much more…
USMLE is not just a knowledge-based exam, it is a thorough assessment of a medical graduate how well he/she can apply their skills, values, and attitudes in real-life practice for patient-centric scenarios. It is a license showcasing how a medical graduate will operate on the job, both on and off the table.
Step 1 of USMLE
Medical students can opt for Step 1 of USMLE at the end of their second year of the medical program. It is a one-day computer-based exam. USMLE is for all International Medical Graduates (IMGs), who wish to practice their medical career in the United States.
Step 1 has around 280 multiple choice questions which students have to answer in 8 hours of testing.
The USMLE Step 1 tests the basic science principles medical students have with main focus on anatomy, biochemistry, pharmacology, microbiology, behavioral science, pathology, and physiology.
USMLE Step 2 also tests Interdisciplinary areas including immunology, genetics, and nutrition are also tested.
Step 2 of USMLE
Step 2 includes two parts:
- Step 2 CK
- Step 2 CS
The USMLE Step 2 CK
The 2nd Step is also a multiple-choice examination designed to test whether the medical student has the understanding and medical knowledge majorly of clinical science, which is mandatory for the provision of patient care under supervision.
There are approximately 318 multiple-choice questions which the medical student has to answer in the span of 9 hours of testing.
The USMLE Step 2 CS
In this exam, the medical students’ communication skills are evaluated through the following areas:
- Fostering the relationship
- Gathering information
- Information provision
- Making decisions
- Supporting emotions
- Enabling patient behaviors
Step 3 of USMLE
Step 3 includes a 2-day computerized examination with about 500 multiple choice questions, along with computer-based case simulations (CCS) which evaluates medical students’ ability to assess the history and physical examination information, order diagnostic tests, selection of initial therapies, and management of the patient.
The 3rd Step majorly focuses on the management of the patient as 45-55% of questions are based on patient management. There are other topics such as history and physical, diagnostic and lab studies, diagnosis, prognosis, and pathophysiology- each consisting of about 8-12% of questions.
Benefits of USMLE:
- Medical Graduates have the license to apply for fellowship and residency in the USA
- Get lifelong validity of ECFMG certificate (The Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- Get the license to work in the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada, Australia, Dubai and/or Qatar
- Can get the best academics and research facilities
- Fasten green card processing
Chance in Hospital Management- Presently, Hospital management is a fast developing sector, offering a good career scope for the students from the medical background. Students also go for Masters in Hospital Management, after MBBS from Bangladesh.
Services provided by My MBBS College
My MBBS College assists you with:
- Physical counselling
- Smooth admission procedure
- Visa assistance
- Payment protection
- Pre-departure counselling
- Travel arrangements are made for the students