|Official Language||Belarusian and Russian|
|Time Difference from India||India is 2 hour and 30 minutes ahead of Belarus|
|Travel time from Delhi to Minsk||9-10 hours (direct flight)|
|MBBS in Belarus- Tuition Fees||US $ 5800-8700 per year|
|Type of colleges||Both Private & Government|
|Duration of MBBS||6 years|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
Glance at Belarus
Belarus is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe known for its grand fortifications, Stalinist architecture, and primaeval forests. Minsk, the capital of Belarus is a modern international city, which has been destroyed and rebuilt. Belarus has excellent transport links including Minsk airport, several major train stations, the Minsk metro underground network, and a well-developed road system.
MBBS in Belarus is getting popular among the Indian students who want to study MBBS from Abroad. It is a great option to study medicine as well as surgery. The Top Medical Universities in Belarus assures successful medical career and also cost lesser than other countries like Russia, Ukraine, China, etc.
The credit for Belarus to become one of the top picked destinations for MBBS in Abroad goes to the country’s advanced education system. Belarus is among the few countries in the world which consider education as one of their top priorities and pay attention to advancement in the educational field. The country takes special care to get updated with the latest advancements in the education sector. Due to this factor, the country is known to offer quality medical education to the students who opt for MBBS in Belarus.
To know the importance of MBBS in Belarus, check out all the below sections!!
Merits of MBBS in Belarus – A Prominent Choice For Indian Students
Due to the rising competition for medical seats in Government colleges, pursuing MBBS in India is quite tough. The fee structure is increasing every year and the demand for high donations from private colleges stop students to get a medical education.
Belarus is welcoming all the Indian medical aspirants offering them global level education with low fee. Here, we have listed some of the major advantages that you will get for your MBBS in Belarus-
Feasible Cost for Quality Education- Top Medical Universities in Belarus provides quality education on par with the global standards at a very low cost. The cost of living comparatively with the European lifestyle is quite affordable. Hence, it had become one of the topmost choices of Indian students to pursue MBBS from Abroad.
Globally Recognized Degrees- Universities of Belarus offers degrees recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI) and enlisted with the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), through which Indian students can practice their medical career anywhere in the world.
An opportunity of Direct admission- Indian MBBS aspirants gets direct admission in the top medical Universities of Belarus without any additional entrance tests except NEET. NEET scorecard is mandatory for admission.
No requirement for ELP- To get admission in the Belarus Medical Universities, no English Language Proficiency tests are required such as IELTS/TOEFL, unlike USA, Australia, Canada, etc. Belarus provides liberty in this segment.
Good FMGE Passing Results- At last, cracking the FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Examination) or MCI Screening test matters. Belarus is ranked good in it. It is gradually growing now. Students are able to clear the test through the high-quality education they get.
English for Teaching- English is used as the medium of instruction and local language courses are also available. You will not face any difficulty while communicating with the patients at the time of internship.
Hostel & Dining- Separate hostels for Boys & Girls are available in the Universities of Belarus. Also, Indian food arrangement is specially made for Indian students.
Allover, MBBS from Belarus is a great option for Indian students who are willing to become great doctors of tomorrow.
Drawbacks of pursuing MBBS from Belarus
As there are benefits for studying in Belarus, there are also a few disadvantages. This statement is partially true and not entirely incorrect. See how-
- Environment- As the student moves into a foreign nation, the environment, languages and culture all around might cause one to feel homesick. Unfamiliarity with the surroundings and a new culture makes one introvert and less outgoing.
- Communication- A big hindrance for the students in Belarus is Communication, as the language barrier plays a key role in acting as a major hurdle for the students studying in Belarus. Belarus has two main spoken official languages- Belarusian and Russian. So students need to learn the local languages to communicate with the local people.
- Low Flow of Patients in Belarus- Belarus is very less populated country; therefore the flow of patients to the hospitals is very less, unlike China. Because of this, students may face a bit of difficulty in developing case studies during their internships. In future, practising their medical career in Belarus will be challenging for them.
- Overcrowded universities- Due to all the advantages that Indian students can get in Belarus, they get attracted to the Top Medical Universities in Belarus, which may lead to overcrowding of students in some of the Universities. In that case, students will face many problems while studying, but it can be covered easily if we look on the brighter side.
- Cheating Agents- The selection of a reputed consultancy is a vital step. So the students and their parents should always be aware and alert. Therefore, we suggest you- choose us for your entire medical journey in Belarus.
Although there are a few cons while one studies in Belarus, there are always more benefits. Education in Belarus might have a few disadvantages, but these negatives can be overthrown by a positive outlook.
Top Medical Universities in Belarus
- Belarusian State Medical University
- Vitebsk State Medical University
- Gomel State Medical University
- Grodno State Medical University
Eligibility, Admission process and Fees structure in Belarus
Before opting to choose Belarus as your destined location for studying medicine, The key points that one should be acquainted before admission into the medical universities are –
Eligibility criteria reserved for Indian students to take admission in MBBS at any of the Top Medical Universities in Belarus, stated as follows-
- Every medical aspirant from India must have completed his/her class XII in Science; having scored a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. This is especially required for students from Unreserved Category.
- Reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) students can apply with the 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology; as per the guidelines by Medical Council of India (MCI)
- The student must have qualified for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). It is mandatory from 2019 onwards.
- No additional entrance test or examination is required.
My MBBS College makes your admission procedure as smooth as possible by providing steps, which are curated by us, only for your enrolment-
Step 1- Fill the Application Form
Step 2- Submission of the academic documents like X & XII mark sheets (educational certificates), NEET scorecard and Passport size photographs.
Step 3- Passport: Students usually think that if they do not have a passport, then the registration process is not possible for them. This is not true as you can still register yourself even if you do not have a passport. It is not mandatory. Also, at the time of registration to the University, you can apply for your passport at- https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
Step 4- Then, the students will receive their Admission Letter from their chosen University.
Step 5- Students will have to apply for ‘Visa Invitation letter’ then for which, you require the following:
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- HIV Report
- Passport size photographs with white background
- Bank statement of last 6 months (can be of father/mother)
Step 6- Visa stamping is your last step for your admission process. We- at My MBBS College, get your Visa stamped by the Embassy of The Republic of Belarus in The Republic of India, New Delhi
Career Prospects after studying MBBS from Belarus
After completing their courses and receiving their globally approved degrees the students are presented with various beneficial prospects that are vital in their future endeavours. The key prospects are:
USMLE- Passing out from Belarus Medical Universities, graduates can appear for the licensing exam of USA i.e. USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination) step- 1,2,3 and pursue their medical career in USA.
Pursue MD in USA or Germany after MBBS in Belarus- The major benefit of completing MD/MS in USA or Germany is that students do not need to appear for MCI Screening Test before or after MBBS in Belarus/Abroad. Upon your degree completion in Belarus, you can pursue Postgraduate level (MD/MS) from USA/Germany without clearing the MCI test. The degree offered from USA or Germany would be valid in India. Also, all the students are given a monthly stipend while pursuing Medicine in America.
Return to India for practice- After the students complete their MBBS studies in Belarus and want to practice medicine in India, then the candidates have to qualify for the MCI and FMGE screening test, which is mandatory for all students and is also one of the most important exams of your medical career. In order for students to practice medicine anywhere in the world, the students have to qualify for the licensing exams of that particular nation which is similar to India. It is compulsory that the graduates clear the screening test as it is conducted to test an individual’s skills & capabilities. The exam is of total 300 marks and 50% marks (150) are required to pass the test. The test is conducted twice a year (December & June), so the aspiring students have the option to clear this exam in two attempts. It has no age limit, no rankings.
Practice in Belarus- Getting settled in Belarus is also a good option for the graduates. After completing MBBS in Belarus, you can practice there or choose to pursue post-graduation. Many candidates choose this option as a career path.
Chance in Hospital Management- Presently, Hospital management is a fast developing sector, offering a good career scope for the students from Medical background. Students also go for Masters in Hospital Management, after MBBS from Belarus.
Services provided by My MBBS College
My MBBS College assists you with:
- Physical counselling
- Smooth admission procedure
- Visa assistance
- Payment protection
- Pre-departure counselling
- Travel arrangements are made for the students