About Czech Republic
|Official Language||Czech. Other languages Polish, German, Sorbian, English|
|Time Difference from India||India is 3 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Czechia|
|Travel time from Delhi to Czech Republic||7-8 hours (for approx. 3,972 miles)|
|MBBS in Czechia Tuition Fees||Approx. $ 14050 per year|
|Type of colleges||Both Private & Government|
|Duration of MBBS||5-6 years|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
Glance at the Czech Republic
The Czech Republic is also known by its short-form name i.e. Czechia, which is a landlocked country in Central Europe bordered by Germany to the West, Austria to the South, Slovakia to the East and Poland to the Northeast. Prague is the capital of the country, bisected by the Vltava River. The capital city is also termed as “the City of a Hundred Spires”. The nation is the member of the European Union (EU), NATO, the OECD, the United Nations, the OSCE and the Council of Europe.
The Czech Republic has a welfare state with a continental European social model, a universal health care system, tuition-free education system. It is ranked 7th among the safest or most peaceful country in the world. It has three main historical territories- Bohemia, Moravia and Czech Silesia.
In terms of education, and that too medical education; the Czech Republic is renowned across the globe. It is considered as one of the best countries for pursuing MBBS in Abroad. It has a variety of medical schools offering world-class medical education, using English as a medium of instruction.
Merits of MBBS in the Czech Republic- An Exemplary Option for Indian Students
Demand for huge donation amounts and increasingly competitive admission requirements with less availability of seats in India, is creating a big hassle for Indian medical aspirants. Due to this, students of India are looking for standout options for themselves to pursue MBBS in Abroad. After pondering, the Czech Republic has come out to be one of the best options for them that can create a great example in the medical world. The Czech Republic is home to one of the ancient and leading Medical Universities in Europe (ranks in 2% of Universities worldwide), offering medical programs in the English language in a cultural & historic setting.
There are many prestigious medical schools if you choose to study Medicine in the Czech Republic. The country and its respective nationals show a very welcoming & cordial gesture towards the International students. Another advantage is that the degree obtained from the Czech Medical Universities is internationally recognized.
The students get attracted towards this nation because of its finest medical programs, available in English at a competitive price. Top Medical Czech Universities offer 6-year general medicine program, 5-year dentistry program and 5-year Pharmacy program in English along with Czech programs.
The Czech Republic occupies 14th position in the World leading Medical Study Abroad Destinations. Here we have a list of benefits that you can get for MBBS in the Czech Republic-
World-class Universities- Czechia is a hub of ancient & leading Medical Universities in the World. These Universities provide the finest curricula along with the access of all basic amenities. The Charles University of Prague is considered to be the best University in Czech.
Globally recognized degrees- The degrees given by the Medical Universities of Czech Republic are globally recognized by major councils of the world such as Medical Council of India (MCI) and World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS) listed.
High level of education- Students will study in small batches of 7 – 15 students, hence every student gets individual attention. Many Universities utilize PBL (Problem Based Learning), the latest in imparting medical education. The classrooms, campuses, libraries, museums and tutorials are amongst the best in the World.
Affordable cost for Tuition: It ranges from 2000-3000 EUR per year for international students, opting for the program in English language and minimal tuition fee for students, who are going to study in the Czech language.
Low cost of living: People living there enjoy the benefit of low & affordable, usually 350-600 USD/month covering cost for food, accommodation, transportations and almost all the overhead expenses.
Clinical Rotations| Your choice: Students will be allowed to choose some of their semesters of clinical rotation within the country of their choice, anywhere in the world.
New Lifestyle with European Living Standards: While your stay at the Czech Republic, you will experience an entirely new & happening lifestyle and European standards of living, which will provide an amazing & unique experience to you that you will memorize thereafter.
Great future prospects: Students after completing their MBBS from the Czech Republic can practice their medical career in any part of the world by clearing the respective licensing exam of that country. For example- students from Indian can practice in India as a Doctor after clearing FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Examination) or MCI Screening Test; same is as with USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination), etc.
License for European Union Countries: After completion of six years you can work within the European Union, in the Country of your choice. It is not limited to the country of study. Say, for example, you must have the working language of the Swedish language
Drawback of pursuing MBBS from the Czech Republic
Every place has some advantages and disadvantages that can be easily overcome. Ukraine also has some drawbacks like-
- In order to take admission in Top Medical Universities of Czech Republic, medical aspirants have to show their English language proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL, if they are opting in the English language. So it can be counted as a little drawback if compared to other countries like Russia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, etc.
- The environment that the student moves to is new. The new faces all around might cause homesickness and disturbance. Because of unfamiliar situations, a student tends to avoid gatherings and choose to stay alone. This sometimes affects them to a great extent. Henceforth, this is considered a disadvantage of studying abroad.
- Sometimes there can be chances of the language barrier if you are not aware of the local language. It is one major hurdle for most of the students studying in Czechia. It can be a problem when students need to communicate with the local people.
- As there are very high standards of education & living, therefore, it will be very competitive for Indian students in order to match them.
Top Medical Universities in the Czech Republic
- Charles University, Prague (Most prestigious University of Czech Republic, established in the 14th century. Therefore considered to be the most ancient University, which is highly rated for medical education)
- Palacky University, Olomouc (Founded in 1573. It has a hospital at the same place where the medical school is located, as it believes all teaching should be at one place)
- The University of Zagreb, Croatia (Established in 1669 and considered as the largest & oldest academic institution in Croatia and surrounding region)
Selection criteria are very simple in Top Medical Universities of the Czech Republic. Stroll through the eligibility criteria:
- Good grades in Biology, Physics and Chemistry as per the University requirements
- NEET qualifying score is mandatory
- Additional entrance tests followed by an interview as per University requirements
- English language proficiency test is mandatory i.e. IELTS
Services provided by My MBBS College
My MBBS College assists you with:
- Physical counselling
- Smooth admission procedure
- Visa assistance
- Payment protection
- Pre-departure counselling
- Travel arrangements are made for the students