|Time Difference from India||India is 1 hour and 30 minutes ahead of Tbilisi, Georgia|
|Travel time from Delhi to Tbilisi||9-10 hours direct flight|
|MBBS in Georgia- Tuition Fees||US $ 7000-7500 per year|
|Type of colleges||Both Private & Government|
|Duration of MBBS||5 years|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
Glance at Georgia
Georgia is a country which is situated at the intersection of Europe and Asia, is formerly known as the Soviet Republic and now home to Caucasus Mountain Villages and the Black Sea beaches. Georgia is popular for its sprawling cave monastery i.e. Vardzia; dating back to 12th century. The capital of the country- Tbilisi which is known for its diverse architecture and mazelike, cobblestone streets in its old town. Georgia is a small and manageable country from various student perspectives.
Georgia is now becoming a preferred destination for Indian students, in order to pursue MBBS. Most of the Medical Universities in Georgia rank high in the world surveys for MBBS Universities. Tbilisi, the capital of the country, houses a large number of Medical Universities which makes it the preferred location for Indian Medical Students.
Read all the below sections and you will get to know the significance of MBBS in Georgia!!
Merits of MBBS in Georgia – A Trending Destination For Indian Students
As we all are aware of the fact that taking admission in MBBS in Indian medical colleges is getting tougher every year, with the rising fees and donation of private colleges and the ever-growing competition for seats in Government colleges. Therefore, Georgia has become a welcoming option for all the Indian medical aspirants, who are tired of hassle in India.
Here, we have listed some of the major advantages that you will get for your MBBS in Georgia-
Globally Recognized Degrees- Georgian Medical Universities offer a recognized degree offered by Medical Council of India (MCI) and enlisted with the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), which allows Indian students to practice their medical career anywhere in the world.
ECS in Curriculum- Georgian Medical Universities follows the European Credit System (ECS). For completion of MBBS degree, students are required to attain a minimum of 360 credits in 5 years.
No ELP required- For getting admission to the Georgian Medical Universities, no English Language Proficiency tests are required such as IELTS/TOEFL, unlike USA, Australia, Canada, etc. Georgia provides liberty in this segment.
Affordable Education- Top Medical Universities in Georgia provides high-quality education at an affordable cost, that is why it has become the most favoured and primary preference for many Indian students now. This demand among Indian students is fueled by the availability of seats in Government Universities of Georgia at low fee structure, providing world-class quality of education in a safe and conducive environment.
Direct admission procedure- MBBS aspirants from India to Georgia, gets direct admission without any additional entrance tests except NEET. NEET scorecard is mandatory for admission.
Highest FMGE Passing Results- At the end of the day, all that matters is cracking the FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Examination) or MCI Screening test. The alumni of the Top Medical Universities of Georgia rank high in the MCI Screening Test. This is the testament to the high-quality education imparted to students in Top Medical Universities of Georgia.
Safe & Secure- Georgia is considered to be one of the safest countries in the world, which is a major concern of every student and parent. Therefore, choose to study MBBS in Georgia without any hesitations regarding safety measures.
English- is used as the medium of instruction and local language courses are also available so that you will not face any sort of difficulty at the time of internship.
Accommodation & Food – Separate hostels for Boys & Girls are available in the Universities of Georgia. Also, Indian food arrangement is also made for Indian students.
Therefore, MBBS from Georgia is an excellent & trending option for Indian students who are willing to become great doctors of tomorrow.
Drawbacks of pursuing MBBS from Georgia
As there are benefits for studying in Georgia, there are also a few disadvantages. This statement is not entirely incorrect. Discover how-
- Low Flow of Patients in Georgia- As Georgia is a sparsely populated country and so the flow of patients to the hospitals is very less, unlike China. As a result, students will face a bit of difficulty in developing case studies during their internships. In future, practising their medical career in Georgia will also be challenging for them.
- Environment- As the student moves to Georgia, the environment, languages and culture all around might cause one to feel homesick. Unfamiliar surroundings and new culture might make one introvert and less outgoing. This can affect student the holistic development of the student.
- Communication- A big hindrance for the students in Georgia is Communication, as the language barrier bothers the medical students studying in Georgia. Georgia has two main spoken official languages- Abkhaz and Georgian. So students need to learn the local languages to communicate with the local people during the tenure of their course.
- Cheating Agents- The selection of a reputed consultancy is a vital step. Many fake agents have defrauded the students and parents by sharing the wrong information at the time of registration and asking more at the time of departure. So in order to avoid any such mishappening, stay alert and stay informed.
Although there are a few demerits, while one studies in Georgia but there are always more benefits. Education in Georgia might have a few disadvantages, but these negatives can be undermined by a positive outlook.
Top Medical Universities in Georgia
- Georgian American University
- University of Georgia
- East European University (EEU)
- European University (Formerly: European Teaching University)
- Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Geomedi Medical University
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University
- “AIETI” Medical School
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- David Agmashenebeli University of Georgia
- Tbilisi Medical Teaching University “Hippocrates”
- Caucasus International University
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- Teaching University Geomedi, Georgia
Eligibility, Admission process and Fees structure in Georgia
Before opting to choose Georgia for studying medicine, the key points that one should be acquainted before admission into the medical universities are –
Eligibility criteria reserved for Indian students to take admission in MBBS at any of the Top Medical Universities in Georgia, stated as follows-
- Every medical aspirant from India must have completed his/her class XII in Science; having scored a minimum of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. This is a mandatory requirement for the students from Unreserved Category.
- Reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) students can apply with the 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology; as per the guidelines by Medical Council of India (MCI)
- The student must have qualified for NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test). It is mandatory from 2019 onwards.
- No additional entrance test or examination is required.
My MBBS College makes your admission procedure is smooth by providing steps which are duly curated for the enrolment of students-
Step 1- Fill the Application Form
Step 2- Submission of the academic documents like X & XII mark sheets (educational certificates), NEET scorecard and Passport size photographs.
Step 3- Passport: Students usually think that if they do not have a passport, then the registration process is not possible for them. This is not true as you can still register yourself even if you do not have a passport. It is not mandatory. Also, at the time of registration to the University, you can apply for your passport at- https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink
Step 4- Then, the students will receive their Admission Letter from their chosen University.
Step 5- Students will have to apply for ‘Visa Invitation letter’ then for which, you require the following:
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- HIV Report
- Passport size photographs with white background
- Bank statement of last 6 months (can be of father/mother)
Step 6- Visa stamping is your last step for the admission process. We at My MBBS College, get your Visa stamped by the designated authorities in New Delhi.
Upon completion of all the formalities, just pack your bags and get ready to fly to accomplish your academic goals in life. Acquire it in GEORGIA!!
Career Prospects after studying MBBS from Georgia
After completing the medical course and receiving their globally recognized degrees the students are presented with various beneficial prospects that are vital in their future endeavours. The key prospects are:
USMLE- Passing out from Georgian Medical Universities, graduates can appear for the licensing exam of USA i.e. USMLE (the United States Medical Licensing Examination) step – one, two & three and pursue their medical career in the United States of America.
Pursue MD in USA or Germany after MBBS in Georgia- The major benefit of completing MD/MS in USA or Germany is that students do not need to appear for MCI Screening Test before or after MBBS in Georgia/Abroad. Upon your degree completion in Georgia, you can pursue Postgraduate level (MD/MS) from USA/Germany without clearing the MCI test. The degree offered from USA or Germany would be valid in India as well. Also, all the students are given a monthly stipend while pursuing further studies in the field of Medicine in the USA.
Return to India for practice- After the students complete their MBBS studies in Georgia and want to practice medicine in India, then the candidates have to qualify for the MCI and FMGE screening test. Similarly, in order to practice medicine anywhere in the world, the students have to qualify for the licensing exams of that particular nation. It is compulsory that the graduates clear the MCI screening test as it is conducted to test an individual’s skills & capabilities. The exam is of total 300 marks and 50% marks (150) are required to pass the test. The test is conducted twice a year (June & December), so the aspiring students have the option to clear this exam in two attempts. It has no age limit and no rankings.
Practice in Georgia- Getting settled in Georgia is also a good option for the graduates. After completing MBBS in Georgia, you can practice there or choose to pursue post-graduation. Many candidates choose this option as a career path.
Chance in Hospital Management- Presently, Hospital management is a rapidly developing sector, offering various good opportunities to the students from Medical background. Students also go for Masters in Hospital Management, after MBBS from Georgia.
So concluding all the above facts, students will surely have a bright future in their medical career after returning back to India as many medical institutions are looking for fresh talent who have studied or practised their medical career in abroad.
Services provided by My MBBS College
My MBBS College assists you with:
- Physical counselling
- Smooth admission procedure
- Visa assistance
- Payment protection
- Pre-departure counselling
- Travel arrangements are made for the students